Autumn desserts don’t get much easier than this impossible pie. Just layer some canned apples on the bottom of the pie dish, then whisk and pour the remainder of the ingredients on top. We told you it was easy!
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g butter, melted
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 385g can pie fruit apple slices
4 Method Steps
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 5cm deep, 24cm round pie dish.
Step 2 Use a whisk to whisk the flour
(75g (1/2 cup) plain flour), sugar (215g (1 cup) caster sugar), coconut (85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut), eggs (4 eggs, lightly whisked), vanilla (2 tsp vanilla extract) and butter (125g butter, melted) in a large bowl. Gradually add the milk (500ml (2 cups) milk), whisking constantly, until combined.
- Step 3 Place the apple slices (385g can pie fruit apple slices) over the base of the prepared dish. Pour over egg mixture.
Step 4 Bake the pie for 1 hour or until set. Set aside to cool before serving.